Helpful Tips for Parenting an Aries Child:
Aries children often get diagnosed with ADD — attention deficit disorder — because they do not want to sit still, follow rules, or listen to their teachers directions. They respond well to learning environments which encourage initiative and self-motivation. Surprisingly, they do well in military schools because of their innate physical prowess and leadership ability. They do poorly sitting at desks and reading books. Involvement in sports, particularly team sports, often proves greatly beneficial. Aries typically have a very sexual nature, and these children may start to experiment early, so have that talk sooner rather than later. Remember, Aries resonates to the energy of a warrior. By definition, a warrior has someone or something worth fighting for. Help your Aries child identify and pursue his or her personal cause, so that fiery energy can be put to good use.
Even if they don’t have aspirations for the limelight, they will still need plenty of attention, especially from their favorite adult. Because Aries is a masculine sign, many of them tend to favor their fathers. Active and energetic, you’ll have to keep an eye on them when they first learn to walk or they could dash right out the front door. They are also accident-prone and may bump their heads more easily than other kids. Childproofing the house is essential. When it comes to eating, Aries is picky, preferring to eat the same food over and over for days.
They can work alone or in groups to test and study the various applications of their ideas. Aries children are quite capable of entertaining themselves when there are no friends around and they really do understand that Mom and Dad have work to do most days. They are also very good at socializing and in general are rather easy to get along with. They will occasionally try to take more then their fair share of credit for a team’s victory, but it is not like they do not acknowledge the team members contributions either.
Aries child has to have all your attention at any cost. As far as he is concerned, he is the boss and you have no right to ignore him. As he starts growing, his attention gaining tactics become more and more refined. From just wailing and crying, he will come to banging the table with his kiddie spoon, when you don’t listen to him. Subtlety is not one of the personality traits of Aries children. They will shout at the top of their voice to let you know what exactly do they want. This trait will be there in both the male as well as the female Aries child.
He is quite eager about everything, right from walking to talking. He will probably start doing both much before the other children. If you want him to learn discipline, it is better to start teaching him the moment you get discharged from the hospital. He is not the one to learn from his mistakes, so better keep all the sockets in your house covered and all the knives out of his reach. An Aries baby is very affectionate and this feeling will be demonstrated quite often. He will give you a warm bear hug every now and then and kiss you good night everyday.
Showing authority will make him stubborn. Show him respect if you want him to understand something. He has a quick temper, but it seldom lasts long. After he has cooled down, he will be his usual cheerful self again. Aries child is not at all selfish and will easily share his most favorite toys with everyone. However, make sure that the other children are not nasty to him. Otherwise, the generosity will come to an end and it will be time for fireworks. If you want him to do anything, don’t give him comparisons; just challenge him.
He will do the work even before you have the time to repeat it again. Once an Aries child learns something, he will remember it throughout his life. He is very creative and has a vivid imagination. He will dream the most impossible dreams, but will be ground to reality. A bit confusing, isn’t it? Practicality mixed with dreams! However, this is what an Aries baby is – an odd combination of contradictory things. He has to be the first one to do anything and will always want to lead.
Beneath the tough outer shell of an Aries child is his soft heart, which is vulnerable. He is sacred of being unloved and needs a constant reassurance from you. Many a times, he will rush into your arms after being hurt by the real world. Hug him tightly and mend his broken heart. Otherwise, he will get completely shattered. Miracles, fairy godmothers, Santa Claus and angels are something in which all the Aries children believe. However, don’t be the one to tell them that they are wrong.
An Aries child is impatient and you may have to hide that surprise birthday gift in the bank locker. He is not too good with finances, but he will give his last dollar to the handicapped man in old age home. He cannot tolerate injustice or call a wrong person right. Giving him orders won’t get anything done. It’s better to ask him the same with a smile; he will go running to do your chore. An Aries child loves his freedom; so don’t expect him to part with it. He is very optimistic; negative and distressing thoughts can really hurt him deeply.
Being responsible is not one of the qualities of an Aries child’s characteristics profile. You will have to teach him that, through logic and affection. Praise makes him do the correct things more often. If you want him to be out of trouble, make sure that he is not sitting idle. ‘An empty mind is devil’s workshop’ suits perfectly in case of an Aries baby. At the same time, ensure that he gets enough rest to replenish his energy. Love him, nurture him and lead him gently and an Aries child will dream the impossible dreams and make them come true also!
Some important tips how to handle them
* Aries rules the mind, so start them early with challenging puzzles and educational games.
* Aries Boys are the brutes of the zodiac, so give them soft toys to punch and pound on.
* Fast-moving Aries has a need for speed. They’ll love toy race-cars and fire engines, especially in their favorite color: red.
* Fashionable Aries loves to play dress up. Get them their own costumes and stage-makeup, or they could wind up raiding your room.
* Independent and temperamental, your Aries will need time alone. Let them retreat into their private space and don’t force them to play with other kids when they’re in their moods.
* With other kids, Aries likes to be the boss. They are natural leaders and will organize their peers into games and adventures. Girl Aries, especially, can wind up being a Bossy Betsy. Socializing them with slightly older kids can help them learn to have fun, even when they’re not in charge.
* Competitive Aries loves a prize. Clap and cheer when they achieve something great. Reward them occasionally, but not EVERY time or they can become demanding.
* As the zodiac’s divas, they can throw world-class temper tantrums when they don’t get their way. Teach them to accept the word “no” as early as you can.
* With siblings, Aries is protective and loyal. Your Ram may take on the role of “freedom fighter,” when you try to impose discipline on your other kids. Remind them who’s boss or they’ll think they’re running the show.
* As much as possible, try to speak to your Aries intelligence. These whip-smart kids like to understand the reasoning behind everything and will cooperate if you talk to them as “equals.”